Monday, February 2, 2015

CREATIVE BLOG HOP! MY FIRST BLOG HOP!

This is my first Blog Hop and I want to thank Sarah Simon, who's Blog you came here from
(http://www.createwithsarah.typepad.com/), for inviting me to participate.



This card was created for a recent card swap I participated in. It utilizes the following supplies:

Really Good Greetings (W – 130330/C-130333), Irresistibly Yours Specialty Designer Series Paper (138635 - FREE – Sale-A-Bration!), Black Chevron Ribbon (130010), Cajun Craze CS (119684), Whisper White CS (124302), Cajun Craze Classic Stampin' Pad (126965), Crushed Curry Classic Stampin' Pad (131173), StazOn Jet Black Ink (101406), Stampin Sponges (101610), Labels Collection Framelits (125599), Chevron Textured Impressions Embossing Folder (127749).

As part of my “role” as Blog Hop participant, I was asked to answer the following questions.

What are you working on?

I am participating in a Shoebox Swap at the end of February, so my focus has been on that card. I am also planning a “Convention at Home” event for July for those of us in Northeastern Wisconsin who can't go to Salt Lake City.

How does your work differ from others in your genre?

Instead of focusing on what I like, my focus is always on “what do my customers like?” It's all about challenging and entertaining my customers. Having that focus forces me to go outside of my comfort zone on a regular basis – coloring for example! I am not a big fan of coloring, but my customers love it, so...we color at every Card Buffet!

Why do you create what you do?

My answer to this question is the same as question #2 – I create for my customers! I also enjoy giving handmade gifts, so many of my creations go to family and friends, local hospitals and other non-profit organizations.

How does your creativity process work?
I spend a lot of time looking at Pinterest and surfing the Internet for ideas and inspiration. Lately I've been starting with a card sketch and a stamp set and I see where I end up!


Next Monday, you'll be treated to the creations of Cindy Ehlers – I know you'll love what she makes! http://cindysstampingstudio.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

  1. Looks beautiful Linda!! Thanks for saying "yes" - we can try to keep our blogs current TOGETHER!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY Linda - YOU ROCKED this blog hop - LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete