Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year! 1 Down, 364 to Go!

I'd be remiss if I didn't start this post out with Go Pack!!!  To be honest, I'm apprehensive about today's game against the Detroit Lions since Aaron Rodgers is not playing...

Moving on!  I bought a book at Archivers a few weeks ago call "365 - A Daily Creativity Journal"  It is written by Noah Scalin and it challenges you to do something creative every day.  I waited until January 1st to start this for obvious reasons.  I want to say up front, I'm not committing to do something creative every single day of 2012, but I'm going to do the best I can to create 365. 

The book gives suggestions for each day and Day 1 is "make something that fits in the palm of your hand using only materials in your immediate environment."  Now, I'm a stamper and scrapbooker, so this one was fairly easy and I've had my project planned for days.

Here are pictures of a Stampin' Up! Simply Adorned charm/necklace that I created this morning.  The background was done using the shaving cream technique, then I stamped with the Daring Adventure stamp set and finished it off with butterflies die cut using the Beautiful Wings Embosslits die.

Day 1, mission accomplished!


No comments:

Post a Comment